Work With Us
Social Impact (SI) is a values-based firm working to improve the effectiveness of international development organizations and the programs they support. SI works in the sectors of democracy and governance, health, education, economic growth and environment.
Our Core Values
- Sustainable development. We strive to promote processes of sustainable development and social change, expanding the capabilities of individuals and organizations to affect positive differences in the lives of people in the long-run.
- People-centeredness. Our work is about improving the lives of women, men and children. Our interventions must always be measured in terms of how they affect people's lives, in ways that are meaningful to the people concerned.
- Participation. We promote participation with the belief that people have the right to shape decisions that affect their lives.
- Value for local knowledge and assets. We work with local people to build upon local knowledge, traditions, assets, resources and learning in order to promote more appropriate and enduring solutions.
- Empowerment. We work with individuals, groups and organizations to build their strength, confidence and collective vision to work for positive change in people's lives. We work to provide a stronger voice to marginalized groups.
- Global "best practices." We seek to identify, document and help to create global best practices in managing social change in tandem with our clients and partners.
- Customized, results-oriented solutions. We take the time to understand the context of the issues at hand and to develop customized, highly practical and cost-effective solutions leading to measurable results.
- Multi-disciplinary approaches. We harness the collective wisdom of multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex and multifaceted development challenges.
- Balancing a double bottom line. We gauge our success through a double bottom line-creating measurable social benefits and maintaining a profitable enterprise.
SI values its expanding team of development experts and managers as one of our most important assets.
We assemble and build strong interdisciplinary teams to conduct much of our work. Our teams often combine technical, management, and group process experts to engage our clients and achieve development results. SI works with professionals in a way that values their contributions, builds relationships and creates opportunities for mutual learning and our growth as a firm.
SI often seeks professionals in the fields of management, governance, economic growth, health, education, environment, conflict management, capacity building, performance monitoring and evaluation with demonstrated experience in international development, relevant language skills and previous experience working with USAID, development banks or other international agencies.
Ready to join us? Please see the links on the right-hand side!
Consultant Tools and Resources
- The U.S. Department of State has information on overseas per diem rates.
- The U.S. Department of State, Bureau provides comprehensive international travel information for Americans.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides up-to-date information on global and local health issues.
- The World Health Organization provides a country-by-country list of required vaccinations.
- OANDA has information for international currency conversion.
- World Clock has time and date information for all major cities in the world.
For SI team leaders and facilitators:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Social Impact is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our President and executive leadership are committed to supporting diversity in the workplace. Our employment decisions and practices, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, transfer, promotion/demotion, discipline (including termination), training, education, tuition, social/recreational programs, compensation and benefits, will be made on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, and/or U.S. veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
Social Impact adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA & ADAAA), Rehabilitation Act (Section 503) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and treats all applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with requirements of these laws. SI is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities. We do not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. SI complies with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issues by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).